A supermarket is a business enterprise that provides a service. It does not produce a physical product of its own in the usual sense. Instead, it adds value by acquiring existing products from remotely-located suppliers, assembling them in regional warehouse, distributing them to local stores and finally selling the supplier’s product to local customers.
A supermarket is a self-service shop offering a wide variety of food and household products organized into aisles. It is larger and has a wider selection range than a traditional grocery store, but is smaller and more limited in the range of merchandise than a hypermarket or big-box market.
Supermarket occupies a large area of floor space, usually on a single level. It is usually situated near a residential area in order to be convenient to consumers. The basic appeal is the availability of a variety of goods under a single roof, at relatively lower prices. Other advantages include ease of parking and convenient shopping hours that extends till late evening or even 24 hours of the day.
One of the biggest advantages of mini super markets and which is also a fact that the Local brands have an edge over national and global brands. Normally it is difficult for Self Help Groups and other micro enterprises to matchup with world class packaging standards and even these brands may not be too appealing. As a result, they lag to capture the market. But trends show that when these products reach to super market, it tempts the customer. The branding and other thrilling part is always taken care Mini Super Market.
In view of the above, having five decades of experience in training and research, ni-msme is conducting this one day orientation workshop for the stake holders, to have a basic idea of ins and outs of a Mini Super Market. The workshop is intended to impart awareness on some basic input and prerequisites which are mandatory to be acquired by individual before they actually go for it.
- Generate additional reach
- Brand storytelling opportunities
- Innovation and collaboration hub
- Centralize, streamline and amplify brand
- Explore new niche markets
BROAD CONTENT (Awareness will be broadly discussed on following points)
- Entrepreneurship Concepts
- Operational structure of a Mini Super Market
- Bankers View
- Online data management
The workshop would include
- Interactive Lecture sessions
- Case Studies
- Sharing of experiences
- Budding Entrepreneurs/ existing entrepreneurs in a position to switch over to the level of Mini Super Markets.
- Newly recruited staff of a Mini Super Market.
- Entrepreneurs working in close contacts with the chain of Mini Super Markets
- Nomination (list of participants may be sent well in advance
- Confirmed participants are requested to reach ni-msme at 9.00 am on Saturday, the 3rd June 2017
- Participants are requested to keep themselves free from all official and personal commitment during the program. DURATION: One day (3rd June 2017) Venue: ni-msme, Yousufguda, Hyderabad
CONTACT FOR FURTHER DETAILS:
Mr. Vivek Kumar