ABOUT GOVERNMENT E-MARKETPLACE (GEM)
Based on recommendations of Group of Secretaries made to Hon’ble Prime Minister, the Government decided that DGS&D will create a one stop Government eMarketplace (GeM) to facilitate online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments / Organizations / PSUs. GeM aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement. It provides the tools of e-bidding, reverse e-auction and demand aggregation to facilitate the government users achieve the best value for their money. DGS&D took appropriate actions to align the existing rules to cater to GeM including swift payment to Suppliers / Sellers after successful delivery of Goods & Services.
The purchases through GeM by Government users have been authorized and made mandatory by Ministry of Finance by adding a new Rule No. 149 in the General Financial Rules, 2017.
GEM ADVANTAGES FOR BUYERS
- Offers rich listing of products for individual categories of Goods/Services
- Makes available search, compare, select and buy facility
- Enables buying Goods and Services online, as and when required.
- Provides transparency and ease of buying
- Ensures continuous vendor rating system
- Up-to-date user-friendly dashboard for buying, monitoring supplies and payments
- Provision of easy return policy
GEM ADVANTAGES FOR SELLERS
- Direct access to all Government departments.
- One-stop shop for marketing with minimal efforts
- One-stop shop for bids / reverse auction on products / services
- New Product Suggestion facility available to Sellers
- Dynamic pricing: Price can be changed based on market conditions
- Seller friendly dashboard for selling, and monitoring of supplies and payments
- Consistent and uniform purchase procedures
DISCLAIMER FOR THE GEM
Though all efforts have been made to ensure accuracy and correctness of content on GeM website/portal, the same should not be construed as a statement of law or used for any legal purposes. GeM accepts no responsibility in relation to accuracy, completeness, usefulness or otherwise, of the contents. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant government department(s) and/or other source(s), and to obtain any appropriate professional advice before acting on the information provided in the portal. In no event will GeM be liable for any expense, loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising from use, or loss of use, of data, arising out of or in connection with the use of this portal. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Indian laws. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of India.