In a release issued by the Ministry of Textiles on Monday in New Delhi, the Ministry has proposed to hold pan India camp in handloom and handicrafts groups under the “Handicraft Cooperation Camp” initiative.
With the objective of organizing camps in more than 190 handloom at block level and weavers service centers and more than 200 handicrafts groups in collaboration with each state.
The camps will be held from October 7 to October 17, 2017.
This initiative has been dedicated to Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay’s poor welfare year, during the centenary year of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay
The following services will be provided to the weavers and artisans in these camps:
- Increased credit facilities through MUDRA scheme
- Support for technological upgradation under Hathkargha Samvardhan Sahayata
- Modern tool kits and equipments will be distributed.
- Issuance of Yarn Pass Book
- Enrolment under IGNOU/NIOS courses
- Access to Common Service Centre facilities
- Buyer-seller meets and expos.